For the best experience viewing this site you need the Flash Player installed.
Hypnotherapy-2

MY JOURNEY
IN SPIRIT

Services and Rates >

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT HYPNOTHERAPY

Is Hypnosis Dangerous?

Absolutely not. There has never been a documented case of harm coming to anyone from Hypnotherapy. While under hypnosis you access another level of your normal brain activity. This natural state of mind is used by the hypnotist to help you change certain habit patterns and behaviors. Unlike the scripts in many movies, your mind is able to protect itself from suggestions that would be harmful or dangerous.

Are You Controlling My Mind During Hypnotherapy?

No, hypnosis can be described as a form of self-hypnosis. The role of the hypnotherapist is to guide and direct you along the path of change that you desire. You remain awake, alert and in control throughout the session.

What If My Mind Is Too "Strong" For Hypnotherapy?


Often it is just the opposite. Anyone can consciously resist entering a hypnotic state, the stronger mind helps you focus and concentrate better which, in turn, makes entering the hypnotic state easier to achieve. The individual determines how deep their hypnotic state takes them and how far theyre willing to let themselves go.


Does Hypnotherapy Work For Everybody?

You are really the key to how well your hypnotherapy sessions will work. If you are serious and really want to fix an issue and improve your life, then hypnotherapy will work wonders.

What's The Difference Between Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy?

Hypnosis is a natural state of mind in which the subconscious mind opens up and becomes suggestible to new ideas. Hypnotherapy is the process whereby the Hypnotherapist uses hypnosis to help a person make a positive, desired life style change.

Why Can't I Just Use Will Power To Make Changes In My Life?

Many people find that will power alone is not enough to make changes in habit or behavioral patterns. This doesnt necessarily reflect weakness or lack of desire in the individual, but has a lot to do with the way our minds work. When something becomes habitual, it means that that pattern is now ingrained in our subconscious mind. When we apply will power it is applied to the conscious mind, not the subconscious mind. Now, consider that your conscious mind represents only around 10% of your mind power and your subconscious mind represent the remaining 90%. The conscious mind is under-equipped to overcome behaviors and patterns deeply rooted in the subconscious. For all the clinical research and findings surrounding the relationship between conscious and subconscious, we have all experienced the cravings and rationalizations that undermine the path we want to take. Hypnotherapy speaks directly to the subconscious mind where all our habits, learned behaviors and attitudes reside. It bypasses the conscious mind entirely and becomes a fast and effective road to success.


What Topics Are Typically Helped Through Hypnosis?

Hypnotherapy can be applied to virtually all aspects of your life. People use hypnotherapy to help change bad habits or behaviors into desirable ones, or to eliminate unproductive fears and phobias.
The most common desires are to stop smoking, lose unwanted weight, improve study habits, become more successful in ones career, or increase motivation and self esteem.

What Else Can Hypnotherapy Be Use For?

The subjects can be wide and varied, but a partial list includes:
Food and eating issues, procrastination, smoking, nail-biting, substance abuse, memory improvement, presentation skills, fear of public speaking, exercise motivation, sports performance and competitiveness, sportsmanship, self-confidence, sexual dysfunctions and inhibitions, mental blocks, job motivation, social skills, interpersonal relationships, stress and anxiety attacks, phobias, and pain management.

Hypnotherapy-1 Readings